Terms & Policies
Last updated: June 27, 2017
Effective Date: November 16, 2016
How does Curu safeguard your personal information?
- No data is stored on the user’s electronic device. The system is communicating between third party services.
- Curu will use a secure server through Amazon Web Services and will not use any open source CMS.
- No financial information (including, but not limited to, credit card or debit card data) will be stored by Curu.
- Authorized employees have been trained on how to handle information properly and are subject to strict limitations and guidelines in the handling of that information. Only a small number of authorized employees are permitted to access your bank account/credit card numbers and other personal financial data.
What information do we collect, how do we collect it, and how do we use it?
- “Personal information” is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify a person in context. The personal information you may be asked to enter and we may collect on our Site includes your full name, address, phone number, email address, and financial information, such as credit card, debit card or banking account information.
- When you open an account with Curu, linked bank accounts are accessed through Yodlee Bank Aggregation API and analyzed to find the ideal actions to improve your credit score. Payments are underwritten by ACTUM and processed by National Cash Management Systems. And we do require certain information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- We also capture “traffic data”, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type, device type used to access the Site (i.e., computer or mobile device), user browsing time, click path taken through the Site and other information about how the Site is accessed or used. Traffic data is generally non- identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information. IP addresses are retained and used only in the event that there are issues relating to the origin of a payment transaction. We also use traffic data to maintain and help diagnose problems with our Site, to aid in strategic development and to help administer and audit usage of the Site. Technologies we use to collect traffic data may include cookies (data files placed on your computer or other electronic devices used to access the Site), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic images, sometimes called web beacons or tracking beacons, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed). If you disable or opt-out of receiving cookies, some features and services on the Site may not work as intended and you may not have access to all of the services and features we may offer.
- When you send, receive or request a payment through Curu, we collect transaction information needed to perform the service, which may include your credit card, debit card, or banking information.
- When we cannot verify the information you provide online, we may ask you to send us additional information or a verification letter from your bank. This verification process is necessary in order to safeguard your account and other users against potential fraud.
- We use your personal information to register and provide you with our services and to communicate with you regarding your requests. We also use your information to send periodic emails about our services and to administer and protect the Site.
To what parties do we disclose personal information?
- We may share your information with our designated third party service providers (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers perform certain business-related functions on our behalf, such as processing payments. When we employ a Service Provider that Service Provider will only be provided with the particular personal information it needs to perform its function.
- Payments will be underwritten by ACTUM and processed by National Cash Management Systems. Curu reserves the right to change these Service Providers.
- We may also release your information if requested by law enforcement, or if agencies or authorities with whom we are legally required to cooperate request it. We may disclose information during the investigation of fraud or illegal activity. For example, we may disclose personal information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or comparable legal process pursuant to applicable law.
- We do not sell, rent or trade any of the information we receive from you for any purpose to other companies.
- We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation of our business.
What are your privacy choices?
- You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes. If you have previously given your personal information to us and no longer want to be contacted, please email support@CuruCredit.com. We may not be able to correct or update your personal information previously provided to us by third parties. If you sign up for an electronic newsletter or email list, each message will include instructions for how to “unsubscribe.” Your option not to receive promotional or marketing emails from us will not prevent us from corresponding with you, by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us and will not prevent us from accessing or viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving our Site and Services.
- You have the ability to view and update your personal information and credit card or checking account information any time by logging into your Curu account.
- You have the choice of closing your Curu account. If you choose to close your account, we will mark your account in our database as closed but will keep your personal information in our database. Your information will be used only for fraud prevention, to assist law enforcement, or as permitted by law.
- If you have any other questions about Curu’s privacy practices, please click the 'Contact Us' link on this website.
Your Privacy Rights: Direct Marketing
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Do Not Track Requests; Third Party Tracking
- Unless your browser settings are configured to make your online activities and publicly available information about your online activities (such as traffic data as described above) invisible to usage analytics tools, we do not presently have the capability to omit you from usage analytics to the extent your browser only sends us a “do not track” message and does not otherwise screen you from tracking without any action on our part.
- Third parties, other than our Service Providers, do not have authorization from us to track which websites you visited prior to and after visiting the Site. That said, we cannot control third party tracking and there may be some third party tracking that occurs without our knowledge or consent.
Links to Other Sites
- This Site may contain links to other websites. These links are made available to you as a convenience, and you agree to use these links at your own risk.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents. We request that individuals under the age of 13 do not provide personal information to the Site.